Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Review: Ghost in the Machine - Skeleton Creek #2 by Patrick Carman

Ghost in the Machine
Skeleton Creek Book 2
by Patrick Carman


Scholastic Press

ISBN: 9780545075701


Release Date: October 1, 2009


from the publisher's site:

Strange things are happening in Skeleton Creek...and Ryan and Sarah are trying to find out why. Ryan writes down everything in his journal, and Sarah records everything on her videocam. The two move deeper into the mystery they've uncovered, determined to discover the secrets buried in Skeleton Creek, in the conclusion to Patrick Carman's thrilling series. In this groundbreaking format, the story is broken into two parts - Ryan's text in the book, and Sarah's videos on a special website, with links and passwords given throughout the book.


my thoughts:

I absolutely love this book! I read/watched it straight through over the course of a few hours. Which unfortunately left me reading/watching some of the more suspenseful sections while I was home alone in the dark. Not the best idea, but it sure sets the right mood. :)

Patrick Carman's innovative Skeleton Creek series is phenomenal. Both Ghost in the Machine and its predecessor Skeleton Creek held me riveted. I had to keep my laptop handy so I could immediately watch Sarah's videos after reading Ryan's journal entries. There was no read a little bit then check out the video later, for me. I had to know what was happening right now.

I highly recommend both of these books to everyone. Yeah they are suspenseful and some parts are outright freaky, but you can just do what I did, don't turn off the lights and keep a teddy bear nearby. :)


And now for the book trailer:



No comments: