Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Review: The Treasure Map of Boys by E. Lockhart


I can't believe it took me this long to post this review! Loved this book, but I finished it about the time I was going out of town so I've been out of whack for the past week. It's the only excuse I have. lol

the info:

The Treasure Map of Boys
by E. Lockhart
Delacorte Press
http://www.e-lockhart.com/

from the author's website:

Ruby is back at Tate Prep, and it’s her thirty-seventh week in the state of Noboyfriend. Her panic attacks are bad, her love life is even worse, and what’s more:

• Noel is writing her notes,
• Jackson is giving her frogs,
• Gideon is helping her cook,
• and Finn is making her brownies.
• Rumors are flying, and Ruby’s already sucky reputation is heading downhill.

Not only that, she’s also:
• Running a bake sale,

• learning the secrets of heavy metal therapy,
• encountering some seriously smelly feet,
• defending the rights of pygmy goats,
• and bodyguarding Noel from unwanted advances.

In this companion novel to The Boyfriend List and The Boy Book, Ruby struggles to secure some sort of mental health, to understand what constitutes a real friendship, and — if such a thing exists — to find true love.

my thoughts:

While this is actually the third book featuring Ruby Oliver, this is the first I've read. Thankfully I was able to jump right in and understand everything that was going on. I still have every intention of reading the first two books though, because I totally love Ruby and want to read more of her story. Ruby just has a great voice, I love reading about her.

Despite that Ruby is having a big of a rough time in her life, this was actually a very fun book to read. I'm kinda hoping E. Lockhart writes some more about her. In the meantime I've picked up some other non-Ruby book by E. Lockhart to read as well. I can't wait.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yup this book i read 1 week ago and thanks for the review you have given it nicely...
Carol
Professional Monitering security systems for Homes, Offices & Appartments