Monday, April 6, 2009

Interview: Umm...No One

Yep it happened, I'm 'bout out of interviews. :) I do have a few great interviews waiting in the wings, but at the request of the authors I won't be posting those until a bit closer to the release of their books (makes sense ya know).

So ya know what that means? I need more interviews! :) I'm sure you're familiar with the drill by now, if you're a YA author and you'd like to be interviewed send an email to me at wantmyya at gmail dot com .

Now I have an extra special request for my readers today. If you're a YA reader or an author wearing your reader hat, and you know of an author that you'd just LOVE to see WMY interview, do me a favor and email them. I assure you I'll be doing my own research and contacting some authors myself, but maybe you know of this great gem of an author that I haven't had the fortune to "meet" yet. Go for it. Send him or her an email and say "Hey, there's this YA blog you should check out. They're even looking to promote YA authors with a Monday interview feature." Or something along those lines. :) I'd appreciate it ever so much.

I'll even post the list of questions here, so any authors who feel ambitious can just copy and paste the questions without having to contact me first. Just email the responses to wantmyya at gmail dot com.

Tell us a little about yourself.


What got you started writing? What brought you to YA?

Tell us about your most recent/ upcoming release?

Do you plot out in advance, or just start writing and see where things go from there?

Many authors have told me their characters talk to them, and sometimes even have different ideas of where the story should go than the author. Do you hear your characters?

Who is your favorite character (of your own)?

What hobbies do you have when you're not writing?

If you had not become a writer what would you have done instead?

Where can readers find you online?

Your turn. What question do you have for readers of Want My YA?


And that's it. Also if you're going for the do-it-yourself thing and just emailing me your responses be sure to also include any cover images or promotional photos you'd like posted with the interview. And make sure you let me know if there's a specific Monday you'd like to be featured. I do my best to accomodate, otherwise it's first response, first post.

Thanks in advance to everyone. :)

No comments: