Thursday, April 30, 2009

Vamped by Lucienne Diver


Alrighty, here's one of the reviews I promised you. I just finished reading this one yesterday and I loved it! I really hope we get to see more of this world later.

the basics:

Vamped by Lucienne Diver
Flux
ISBN: 9780738714745
http://www.luciennediver.com


the story:

After dying in a car crash on prom night Gina wakes up in her own grave. As if it's not bad enough that she's stuck in a box six feet under ground, she appears to be wearing the most hideous dress in her closet. Gina manages to dig her way out and is greeted by the one responsible for her now undead state, Bobby former Chess club geek, now major hottie.

Bobby and Gina don't get much time alone together to sort out this whole being undead thing because they are quickly summoned (read: kidnapped) by Bobby's sire an egomanical female vamp named Mellisande. It seems Smelly Melli has something up her sleeve and Bobby is to play a major role in it. Meanwhile, Mellisande tries to relegate Gina to the background.

Gina and Bobby are not the only teens in town who are now undead. Mellisande's been busy and has a large number of newbie vamps stocked from the local high school. Gina isn't one to sit by and let others push her around. She is making a come-back and Smelly Melli had better just look out.

my thoughts:

I love, love, love vampire stories so I jumped at the chance to review this one. I'm so glad I did. Gina cracked me up from the very beginning. I mean who else's first thought after re-animating would be to find a stylist? Bobby and Gina are still in the early stages of a romance in VAMPED, you can see where they're headed, but it's not quite love yet. So I'm hoping this means there's more to come.

Watching Gina evolve through the story was great. She starts out admitting she's a spoiled rich kid, but towards the end, she's thinking about all of the other vamps around her. She's concerned about far more than herself.

Lucienne Diver's VAMPED has so much going for it. There's vampires, romance, action, mystery, horror, really this book cover all the genres. Given the way the book ended, I have to assume more is to come and I'll be first in line to get the next book, I'm telling you that right now.

So run, drive, bike, however you choose to get there, just get to your nearest bookstore (preferably Indie, but otherwise I recommend Borders...lol) and pick up a copy of VAMPED from Lucienne Diver today.

No comments: