Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Eyecatcher: Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson

Amy and Roger's Epic Detour
by Morgan Matson


Simon & Schuster
ISBN: 9781416990659
Release Date: May 2010
from the publisher's site:

Amy Curry thinks her life sucks. Her mom decides to move from California to Connecticut to start anew--just in time for Amy's senior year. Her dad recently died in a car accident. So Amy embarks on a road trip to escape from it all, driving cross-country from the home she's always known toward her new life. Joining Amy on the road trip is Roger, the son of Amy's mother's old friend. Amy hasn’t seen him in years, and she is less than thrilled to be driving across the country with a guy she barely knows. So she's surprised to find that she is developing a crush on him. At the same time, she’s coming to terms with her father’s death and how to put her own life back together after the accident. Told in traditional narrative as well as scraps from the road--diner napkins, motel receipts, postcards--this is the story of one girl's journey to find herself.

why it caught my eye:
Amy and Roger's Epic Detour is one of the few books that caught me by the title rather than by the cover. Not surprising, it was the word "epic" that grabbed me. Once I picked it up to read the inner flap I knew I had to add this one to my wishlist. Check it out, tell me what you think.
Has anyone read this one already? Got any thoughts on it?

No comments: