Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Eyecatcher: Shade by Jeri Smith-Ready

Shade
by Jeri Smith-Ready


Simon Pulse
http://www.jerismithready.com
ISBN: 9781416994060
Release Date: May 4, 2010

from the author's site:

Best. Birthday. Ever. At least, it was supposed to be. With Logan's band playing a critical gig and Aura's plans for an intimate after-party, Aura knows it will be the most memorable night of her boyfriend's life. She never thought it would be his last.

Logan's sudden death leaves Aura devastated. He's gone.

Well, sort of.

Like everyone born after the Shift, Aura can see and hear ghosts. This mysterious ability has always been annoying, and Aura had wanted nothing more than to figure out why the Shift happened so she can undo it. But not with Logan’s violet-hued spirit still hanging around. Because dead Logan is almost as real as ever. Almost.

It doesn't help that Aura’s new friend Zachary is so understanding—and so very alive. His support means more to Aura than she cares to admit.

As Aura's relationships with the dead and the living grow ever complicated, so do her feelings for Logan and Zachary. Each holds a piece of Aura's heart…and clues to the secret of the Shift.

why it caught my eye:

This is a title I've been waiting for. Jeri Smith-Ready is one of my many Twitter friends and I was excited when I learned she had a YA novel coming out. And again we have here another gorgeous purple cover. I think you all know how I feel about purple at this point. :) Shade is another book I'm adding to my wishlist and I recommend you take a look too.

4 comments:

Margay Leah Justice said...

I am in the midst of reading this now and I can honestly say you are going to enjoy it. It's got a nice easy style and characters to die for and the way she introduces the world is just so normal, you can easily picture yourself living there.
Margay

HeatherMarie said...

Thanks Margay! Sounds great, I'm glad you shared your thoughts. :)

Margay Leah Justice said...

Hey, call me a geek, but when I like something, I like to share it with others, especially if it's a book!
Margay

HeatherMarie said...

Hey if that makes you a geek then I'm one too. lol