Tuesday, May 18, 2010

A new YA Book Club

While I frequently make mention of being a bookseller I don't typically talk about which store I work for. Well, today I will because I'm very excited to announce that our Borders store is starting a new Young Adult book club, with yours truly heading it up. :)

I've been wanting to get this going for a while now, so I'm so glad that my manager and I have finally settled on a date to start hosting the meetings. The first meeting will be held Wednesday June 2nd at 7:oo pm. Our first book discussion will be held Wednesday June 16th at 7:00 and we will be discussing Eyes Like Stars by Lisa Mantchev.

We do have a "fan" page on Facebook (yeah I know they aren't calling it that anymore, but I don't know what else to call it). You can find us by searching Rockford Borders Young Adult Book Club. A mouthful I know, but it's the best I could come up with. :) And while you're at it, Want My YA also has a Facebook page so be sure to "like" us too.

I hope if you're in the Rockford or Northern IL area you'll be able to make it to the meetings, but if not you can always participate though the Facebook page. :)

pssst...YA authors and publishers....I'm looking for goodies for my YA book club members like I have for my Romance book club members. If you want to send bookmarks, postcards, or even promotional copies of books to the store email me at hriley at bordersstores dot com for my mailing info.

1 comment:

Doret said...

A few of my co-workers and I were very excited(squeal worthy) about the release of Perchance to Dream on Tuesday We loved Eyes Like Stars.

Its a great book club choice. I hope you have a good turn out.